Harvard Graduate School of Education
Certificate in Advanced Education Leadership (2017)
Johns Hopkins University
School Administration and Supervision Certificate (2015)
Masters of Arts in Teaching, Secondary English (2010)
University of Maryland, College Park
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature (2008)
Adjunct Professor – Johns Hopkins University February 2017–Present Facilitate synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences for masters students and student teachers in the Graduate School of Education. Organized and built robust curriculum and content to meet the needs of teachers
Technology Integration Specialist – Baltimore City Public Schools July 2017–Present Solutions-oriented technology innovation team focused on optimizing Special Education student learning through incubation, design, and application of technological solutions.
Director of Technology and Creativity – Liberty Elementary School August 2015–July 2017 Work collaboratively with students and teachers to provide creative experiences through the use of technology integration, Genius Hour, coding, fabrication, and making. Foster spaces of risk taking and curiosity, while also being a thought partner on new initiatives and projects. Oversee larger technology initiatives and help drive long-term technology vision.
7th/8th grade Language Arts Teacher & Middle School Lead – Patterson Park Public Charter School August 2011–June 2015 Developed an environment of respect, passion, and self-directed learning. Prepared and implemented 21st century and innovative instruction to best serve students at varying ability levels and students with Individual Education Plans. Worked collaboratively with a progressive team of teachers to create innovative, engaging, student-centered learning environments where all students can thrive
- Head of the PPPCS 1:1 Chromebook Initiative and Google Apps for Education deployment, management, and maintenance
- Designed, wrote, and implemented a hands-on, interdisciplinary, and thematic language arts curriculum for PPPCS
- Developed school-wide technology-integration professional development and facilitate other innovative professional learning experiences for staff
- Developed and chair of the Committee for Innovative Teaching
- Chair of the Committee for Hands-On, Interdisciplinary, Thematic Instruction
- Served as the Teacher-at-large on the Board of Directions for Patterson Park Public Charter School, Inc.
- Supervise Johns Hopkins University and St. Mary’s University graduate student interns.
- Head coach of the PPPCS National Academic League Varsity Team (2011-2012).
- Collaborated with nonprofit personnel to produce a monthly newsletter, the Bird’s Eye View, and manage a student newsletter writing elective course (2011-2012).
Urban Teachers – Curriculum Writer and Facility January 2017–Present Contracted to transition the Content Area Reading course into a synchronous, remote learning experience for UT residences. Worked closely with UT Director of Literacy to meet course requirements and develop an engaging online learning experience for all students.
Baltimore City Public Schools – Professional Peer Review Committee May 2013–August 2014 Serves alongside a group of trained peers to evaluate and score candidates requesting Career Pathway movement.
Johns Hopkins University – Intern Supervisor/Mentor Teacher August 2011 –June 2013 Oversaw and managed the year-long internship of a Johns Hopkins graduate student. Supported and evaluated instructional progress, including collaboration and implantation of best practices. Modeled best practices, research-based instructional techniques, and data driven instruction.
Digital Harbor Foundation – EdTech Link Fellow May 2012–June 2013 Engaged in training and support to become change-agent both in my school and in the larger global community through the use of innovative technology and pedagogy. Pushing the envelope of educational technology and fueling the local tech economy through collaboration, advocacy, research, publication, networking, and strategic partnerships during a summer internship (2012). Served as a Tech Coach to bring about larger change by providing professional development and peer-coaching throughout Baltimore City. Served on the Teacher Advisory Board for the CyperPoint Life Journeys Council.
Professional Association Contributions
- Co-Organizer- Serving on the organizing committee to provide an annual unconference event for educators in the Baltimore area
- Conference Reviewer- Worked collaboratively with a team of esteemed educators to review, score, and select the 2015 ISTE conference presenters, panel and round-table discussions, and poster sessions
- Panelist (June 2015)- Serving as an education expert on the 2015 ISTE Conference Panel Growing Super Connected Communities through Digital Classrooms
MSET Presenter- Connected with educators throughout the state of Maryland as a digital leader and content area expert
- Chapter Co-Organizer- On the founding chapter committee to organize, start, and maintain a collaborative and supportive space for women in the Baltimore Area to meet and network through the common interests and careers in Educational Technology
School Administration and Supervision: Focus in Digital Leadership
Lead Teacher: Promoted through a highly selective application process to work as a district teacher-leader with the goals of expanding professional practice and igniting growth in schools around the city.
Model Teacher: Selected from a highly competitive cohort of teachers to advance to Model Teacher pathway.
Advanced Professional Certificate: Secondary English (grades 7-12)
Endorsement: Middle School Language Arts (grades 4-9)